Finally, after 3 months of working nights and weekends, we had a beautiful, fully inclusive, interactive comic book experience that we were proud of. We thought everything was done… until I started asking questions about metrics… Our external partners, who were hosting the entire digital financial superpower microsite, were collecting basic metrics like number of users, device, and browser type, but because of the multiple hand-offs between partners, we discovered that no metrics were being collected on the interactive comic book experience itself! That meant that we wouldn’t know which gender, skin color, hair color, or current financial battle our users identified with. Considering that inclusivity was our driving principle, we absolutely needed these metrics to prove the experience’s worth. After lots of arguments back-and-forth about how no changes could be made during the code freeze, we finally convinced all of our external partners that we needed to add an API call that would save these metrics to our server.
As of a few days ago (less than one week until the official launch of the experience), our unofficial metric numbers showed that over 6,500 people had gone through the digital comic book experience from beginning to end. There’s lots of buzz and excitement in the market and we’re excited to see how inclusivity played a role in peoples’ experiences. Stay tuned for the inclusivity metrics 😉